How Mold Damage Travels Through Denville Homes
SERVPRO Mold Damage Remediation Restores Denville Properties with 24-Hour Service
Mold damage is caused by an excess of microbes being allowed to proliferate inside a Denville residence. Whether this spread is induced by water damage in a wall cavity, a roof leak, or another source, spores can quickly reduce indoor air quality and create costly structural and property damage for home occupants.
Mold damage remediation technicians in Denville are available to help through SERVPRO. Highly-trained restoration professionals can return an impacted residence to a pre-contamination state with commercial-grade tools. These pieces of equipment perform to Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards for home microbial cleanup.
How Mold Travels Through a Property
The spread of mold stems from its reproduction process, which releases tiny spores. These lightweight spores travel through the air until they cling to or settle on surfaces. Because microbes are so small and can come from any indoor or outdoor location, it is impossible to guarantee total mold removal on a property.
Microbes can cling to:
- Bags and packages
Tiny spores can come in from outside through HVAC systems and open windows or doorways. Mold can move again through contact with other surfaces or motions that allow it to rise and float in the air to cling to something else.
While homeowners cannot ensure a completely mold-free home, they can take measures to minimize mold damage risk on their property. These practices include inspecting plumbing and fixtures, keeping roofing in good shape, having HVAC serviced regularly, and sticking to a regular cleaning schedule that keeps dirt and microbes to a minimum.
SERVPRO's 24-hour Restoration Services Mitigate Microbes with Minimal Downtime
Mold remediation specialists can visit a Denville home in as little as a few hours after a client's initial call to inspect the extent of mold damage. This data collection and consultation process helps technicians formulate a restoration plan tailored to homeowners' needs and belongings.
SERVPRO's emergency-response microbial cleanup can include:
- Techs donning commercial-grade personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitizing with EPA-registered biocides
- Inspection tools that detect water damage that could be causing or contributing to mold growth. Technologies like moisture sensors and meters can evaluate surface and internal moisture levels. Imaging devices like thermal imaging cameras can detect hard-to-reach moisture behind structural materials like drywall
- Powerful HEPA-filter air scrubbers and vacuums create an environment that limits airborne spore travel and collects these spores for disposal, even if they are as small as 0.3 microns
- SERVPRO drying equipment, including air movement units and dehumidifiers, can remove moisture from structures and contents, including drywall, carpeting, and upholstery
- Deodorizers eradicate moisture and mold-related odors on a particle level by binding with odor-causing microbes and altering or eliminating them
All of these services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including all weekends and holidays. Regardless of when a disaster occurs, SERVPRO techs can coordinate with homeowners and insurers to perform restoration in a timely fashion that accommodates homeowners' needs and schedules.
In cases of more extensive mold damage, technicians can perform a "pack-out," which entails moving belongings to an approved SERVPRO warehouse. This service allows for restoration in a separate space while keeping belongings accessible when homeowners need them most. However, in-place cleaning, drying, and repair are feasible in many cases.
SERVPRO of North Morris County can be reached at (973) 983-5657 when homeowners need "Like it never even happened" quality cleanup after a disaster.