The Effectiveness of Water Damage Extraction for Denville Homes
SERVPRO Water Cleanup Specialists Use Powerful Extraction Tools for Denville Homes
Whether it occurs in Denville or elsewhere, residential water damage can happen anywhere, at any time. Homeowners can take steps to reduce or even prevent damage before it occurs. Still, they may not have access to the tools necessary to eliminate it when it does happen.
When Denville water damage incidents occur, SERVPRO professionals are ready to respond with 24-hour remediation services. These thoroughly-trained techs can use commercial-grade tools to eliminate residues, stains, and odors that stem from excess moisture.
How Water Damage Extraction Works
Water damage extraction is one of the cornerstones of successful home restoration and serves a multitude of purposes, such as:
- Removing standing water from a property
- Greatly accelerating structural drying, which would take hundreds of times longer without extraction
- Sanitizing with hot water and EPA-registered antimicrobials to lessen the presence of contaminants
- Minimizing potential damage to subfloors, wall studs, ceiling joists, or home foundations
Extraction begins with removing standing water and debris. Wet/dry vacuums, mops, and sump pumps, among other tools, can be used for this purpose. However, many disasters may not necessitate this degree of moisture removal. Portable or truck-mounted extractors are then deployed to remediate excess water. Both extractors feature three systems: a vacuum component, a pump, and a heating system. For most surfaces, only a vacuum is necessary. The other two components are primarily used on carpeting and upholstery.
DIY extraction is possible to some degree. That said, homeowners may not have access to tools like commercial-grade hot water extractors to make the job faster, easier, and safer. SERVPRO IICRC-certified technicians perform several rounds of extraction to remove as much excess water as possible before deploying drying equipment.
Water Remediation, the SERVPRO Way
SERVPRO water cleanup can act 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year,
including holidays and weekends, to minimize homeowners’ repair and replacement necessities. The process entails the following:
- Inspecting water damage with sensors, meters, and imaging tools that determine surface-level humidity and moisture content beneath surfaces. These devices can be calibrated for specific surfaces with the relative humidity and moisture levels of dry surfaces in the home in mind
- Extracting excess moisture with a combination of extractors, vacuums, pumps, and manual cleaning to partially sanitize and prepare the space for drying
- Remediating potential microbial growth and odor-causing bacteria from the property with OSHA-approved biocide solutions, including a plethora of proprietary SERVPRO solutions designed to target moisture-related contaminants
- Drying remaining moisture to a pre-disaster condition with air movement and dehumidification equipment. Air movers are positioned between 50 and 300 square feet apart, depending on the extent of the damage. Some incidents may only require one air mover and dehumidifier to restore affected materials. The direction and volume of airflow help funnel humid air toward the dehumidifier, which isolates moisture by collecting condensation and releasing warm, dry air
- Odor control measures like scented granules and fogging deodorizers may be dispensed to address varying degrees of moisture-related odors
Restoration technicians can also perform structural repairs when necessary and rebuilding services, like drywall installation and wall painting, that restore an affected property as completely as possible after mitigation.
SERVPRO of North Morris County can prove that We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster for property owners who call (973) 983-5657.